Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Random Additional Details

So here are all of the random details that we added to our armor that I did not mention before.

For the N7 Logo on the breastplate we used vinyl.  I have a "Cricut" which is a machine that cuts paper, vinyl, ect... it's something that scrapbookers use.  So I used this to cut out some N7 logos, the vinyl is self-adhesive so it is very easy to use.  Which by the way, if anyone needs custom decals for their costumes I am happy to cut anything out, just shoot me an email with what you need, paypal me a couple of bucks to cover materials and I can pop 'em in the mail.




We made little "vents" to go on the bottom of the box that contains the light's housing on the back.  We did this by layering 3 big squares of craft foam, with little strips of craft foam at the edges to keep them separated.
I also sewed some black belt pouches, that way we could carry our cell phones, money, ect...  I just got some black canvas, measured our phones to make sure they would fit, and sewed them so that the canvas would be 2 layers thick (cuz nothing looks sillier than floppy belt pouches)

We also made belts out of the strapping 1.) to hold belt pouches and 2.) cuz otherwise the stomach armor kinds bows out a bit and looks silly so this holds it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment